Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Liebster Award Q&A


Hello my lovely readers!

Can you believe it's February already!? The beginning of the year for me always goes so quickly and before you know it'll be Spring! (Secretly excited about that though!) After taking a few weeks away from all social media and my blog I'm happy to be back to start posting again, I'm looking forward to catching up on all the blog post's I've missed in my absence.

Yesterday afternoon I received the most wonderful news of being nominated for a Liebster Award from the ever so lovely duo Amanda & Katie. These two gals are seriously the sweetest ladies and I was so excited when they started their own blog. I've been following both of them on Instagram for a while and have a major gal crush on both of them! I've been nominated a few times before but for those who haven't heard of a Liebster Award its basically the person who receives it answers a set of questions from the previous blogger (whoever nominated you), and then creates the same number of questions to be answered by those they pass it along to. It's a great way to meet and get to know fellow bloggers and also for readers to get to know you by answering the questions set. Check out my first ever Liebster Award nomination here.

Here are my questions from Amanda & Katie -

1. What is your favourite non-fashion related hobby?
Hmm I'd have to say reading a good book that I could sit and read for hours. I've always been a keen book reader since a child, though I'm currently not reading anything at the moment. My next book purchase I would like to get is The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. My book collection is a mixture of everything though, from fashion related books to horror!

2. If you had a super power, what would it be?
Oh this is a tricky one...I'd say being able to vanish (Teleport) and appear somewhere else in the world that I'm thinking of. Lately all I've been thinking of is planning our next trip to visit my friends in Portland, Oregon.

3. What is your favourite place that you have ever visited?
My favourite place so far would be visiting California last year!! It was my first time to the States for a friends wedding in Palm Springs & our honeymoon in San Diego. I'm not a keen flyer and had to dose up on medication just to get me on the darn plane! It changed my outlook on life and we'd love to move to the States in the near future. Check out our honeymoon adventure here.


4. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
I'd have to say my favourite thing about myself is my small waist! I only wear dresses or full skirts so I like the fact they shape me well. I'm kinda short so having the illusion of curves makes me feel more like a lady!

5. Do you have any pets? If yes, what are they?
Yes I do! I have a sweet but stubborn little 3 year old lady kitty called Sookie. If you follow me on Instagram you'll see how much I'm a crazy cat lady and how weird Sookie is! (Yes she's called after Sookie Stackhouse from True Blood ;) )


6. What is your favourite makeup product?
I'd have to say my Rimmel Liquid Eyeliner in jet black that I use everyday. Its been my go-to eyeliner since I was 15 years old and I can't seem to stray away from it. It's almost like my comfort zone and I feel lost without it!

7. Do you have a hidden talent? What is it?
Is baking cakes a hidden talent? I don't really know if I have any "real" talent Haha!

8. What is your favourite piece of clothing?
My favourite piece of clothing would be my first Polka Dots & Petticoats peach floral fifties dress that I got from my Mama for Christmas. It fit's perfectly and pulls in my tiny waist that I want one in every colour/pattern possible!


9. If you could go back in time and attend a party (think Cinderella), whose party would it be?
This really is a tricky question and it's took me nearly 30 minutes to think of one! I'd love to attend the Met Ball and be able to mingle with all the fashion designers and style icons! Plus I'd get to wear a pretty vintage dress!

10. If you could erase one fashion faux-pas from your teenage years, what would it be?
Oh my goodness I'll have to say my 'emo' stage through my teens where I wore skinny jeans with my studded belt every single day, complete with a fitted hardcore band t-shirt! My jet black hair had to cover my left eye and be back brushed until my hair fell out! Worst hair fashion faux-pas ever!! 

11. Favourite book or author?
My all-time favourite author would be Stephen King! The Shining is an awesome both book & film!

Here are my lovely nominees:
Claire/ Claire Bakes
Jewel/ Jewel Sha'ree
Jordyn/ Pretty Lovely
Diana/ Retro Glam
Alyson/ The Cats Will Play
Sandra/ Anchors & Honey

Basic instructions to make a post-
Answer the below questions, link back to the page that nominated you, and in turn nominate 11 more blogs and supply them with a list of 11 questions. I didn't nominate 11 blogs as I've nominated most of my favourite blogs previously, but that's the general idea. Blogs with under 1,000-ish followers can be nominated. Also don't forget to let the bloggers you nominated know that you did so. You're under no obligation to participate, it is just for fun & to meet new blogger friends!

My questions for you-
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
2. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
3. Do you have any pets? If yes, what are they?
4. What is your favourite makeup product you just can't live without?
5. Favourite genre of music? Least favourite genre of music?
6. All time favourite movie?
7. If you could only keep one vintage item that you own what would it be?
8. Most memorable day/night out?
9. When was the last time you had a day that felt like 'The Best Day Ever'?
10. Are you an early riser, or a night owl?
11. If you won a competition that gave you the chance to spend a whole day with you idol, who would you pick? (It can be a style icon/musician/author/reality star etc)

I can't wait to read what you answer for your questions! You gals are amazing!!


 photo signiture_zpsfabb3287.jpg

4 comments:

  1. I loved reading your responses! This award is so fun! You were our first to answer! Also, if you're ready to cry a lot and for your life to never be the same, The Fault in Our Stars is the perfect book for you!

    John Green is mine + Katie's favourite author! My favourite book of his is Paper Towns and Katie's is Looking for Alaska! You'll have to let us know what you think about TFIOS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this one! Must have been when i was away. So love reading your facts dear girl :) Please come back to Cali! Oh sweetie you have awesome talent :) Love to you and Miss Sookie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog very much feels like a wonderland! I love it! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that means a lot sweetheart! :) xx

      Delete